Location: Austin, TX
If you have a passion for the mortgage business and are looking for a team atmosphere that encourages success and innovation, a healthy pipeline in a fast –paced environment, Mission Mortgage would like to speak to you about becoming a senior loan officer.
Mission Mortgage offers a wide array of lending products. We are proud to utilize local processing, underwriting, and funding. Dedicated construction lending department for interim and one time closes. In house marketing support and complete customer referral generating system.
- Underwriting CONV, FHA & VA loans
- Ideal candidate must have knowledge of loan products and investor compliance standards
- Prefer 3-5 years underwriting experience in the mortgage industry
- Excellent communication and customer services skills as well as DE & VA LAPP required
The ideal candidate for this position will have the skills and experience necessary to:
- Evaluate, analyze and form opinions for approving or denying business banking and/or commercial loan applications according to business unit standards in a timely manner
- Gather information as necessary to make sound decisions
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the department and business unit
- Recommend exceptions based on findings
- May have authority to approve loans beyond the organizations guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years mortgage banking experience
- A demonstrated record of excellence in customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of prequalification principles and practices
- Understanding of industry underwriting guidelines and pricing models
- Strong PC proficiency and excellent time management skills
About Mission Mortgage
Mission Mortgage has been providing professional lending services in Texas for over 30 years. We are a locally owned company with the resources of a national lender.
How to Apply
Please send your most current resume and a cover letter via fax to 512.328.0472 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include SENIOR UNDERWRITER OPENING in the subject line.