Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: Controller
Mission Mortgage is an Austin based mortgage lender seeking experienced mortgage professional to join our growing accounting department. The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated to learn and be exceptionally detail oriented.
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices.
- Prepares batch check runs and ACH transactions.
- Follow vendor schedule for monthly payments to ensure timely submission.
- Assists with the processing of month end accruals for monthly financial reports, monthly closings, and year-end audits.
- Prepares 1099’s for current vendors.
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards.
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the Controller as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
- 1 year of relevant experience in residential mortgage accounting (preferred)
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and accounting software, such as Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Strong organizational skills
Mission Mortgage of Texas, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Hannah Laine, HR Generalist at email@example.com and include STAFF ACCOUNTANT OPENING in the email subject line.