Location: Austin, TX
Reports to: Operations Manager
Mission Mortgage is an Austin based mortgage lender seeking experienced mortgage professional to join our growing underwriting team. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally detail oriented, highly motivated and works well on a team.
- Review all mortgage applications and supporting documents to ensure all necessary information is included for approval
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Request additional information as needed on all documents to help determine loan risk
- Ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field
- At least 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience required
- Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, USDA, VA, conventional loan guidelines, and loan products
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills
About Mission Mortgage
Mission Mortgage of Texas, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to Hannah Laine, HR Generalist at email@example.com and include UNDERWRITER OPENING in the email subject line.